jueves, 19 de noviembre de 2015

Admire?

Really, is very difficult for me think a person or professor that I admire, principally because one never know all about their lifes. I think that to fanatical admire is a bad activity, because the images that you have about the person is only one part of his life, and if one guide a field of his life base on this image, It will be difficult find yourself as individual.
I can admire postulates or hypothesis from someone, and some dazzle me, as Foucault, Feyerabend and Maturana, but I can’t admire the person’s body as image, or academic’s image, or scientist’s image. Relate an idea, postulate or hypothesis with a person image, academic image, scientist image, in my view is wrong. Nobody reach an idea alone, even though the articles and books have their names.

In any case, if I must choose any person to admire in my career field, could be Foucault (1926 -1984). Was a French philosopher, historian of ideas, social theorist, philologist and literary critic. His theories addressed the relationship between power and knowledge, and how they are used as a form of social control through societal institutions. Foucault´s postulates about control and power, generate me explanations about dynamics social institutions and their history, objectives and consequences in the people and habits related to this institutions.

3 comentarios: